The 10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper Transceiver is specifically designed for high speed communication links that require 10 gigabit ethernet over Cat 6a/7 cable. This is the first SFP+ transceiver that offers 10Gb/s communication over this type of media.
Interoperability with legacy ethernet equipment via auto-negotiation is of particular significance as it enables data centre expansions and expenditures to occur incrementally. The added benefit is that is uses standards based technology that uses the familiar RJ45 connector and provides backward compatibility with legacy networks.
10GBase-T Copper Applications and Use Cases
ProLabs 10G Copper SFP+ features
The Copper transceiver module is a high performance integrated duplex device for bi-directional communication over copper cable.
- 10G copper modules allow 10G bandwidth over existing infrastructure
- Simplified purchase of copper SFP+ as opposed to new switch
- Supports links up to 30m using Category 6A/7 cabling
- RJ45 connector
- Compatible with a range of OEM's including Cisco, Arista Networks, Brocade, Juniper, Dell, Extreme, IBM
Scenario - Network upgrade to 10G at edge switches
So what are the benefits?
- Cost effective at up to 30m distance on UTP cables
- Architecture flexibility: Supports Top of Rack, Middle of Row or End of Row architectures
- Allows hybrid BASE-T/SFP+ architectures
- Equip SFP+ ports of servers/switches with 10GBase-T SFP+
- Easy to upgrade from 1G, reuse structured cabling
- Upgrade path to 25/40GBase-T