Expand your capacity with High Density CWDM
Lets talk about High Density CWDM. ProLabs are here to help you understand HD CWDM, how it works and why your network can benefit from it.
Download our free guides on High Density CWDM
Learn how HD CWDM can help you to cost effectively maximise your fibre infrastructure - Download our 5 step guide now!
For a full overview click to download our HD CWDM brochure at the bottom of this page.
ProLabs new High Density CWDM transceivers can provide two times the circuit capacity over your existing CWDM infrastructure. By utilising each channel individually for bidirectional transmission, you can leave existing infrastructure in place, only replacing transceivers at each output point.
This is ideal for expanding building & campus networks, carrier Ethernet and wireless backhaul/fronthaul - all using your existing core infrastructure.
What is WDM?
Wave Division Multiplexing (often referred to as WDM for short), is when optical transmissions are sent at different wavelengths along the same fiber. The principle is like light through a prism - you mix your light at one end (multiplexing), and then un-mix them at the end (demultiplexing). The actual technology is more complicated than this, involving the ability to do this to single wavelengths along the transmission route.
Why do we need HD CWDM?
The increasing requirement for new services to be deployed in a prompt, flexible and cost effective manner has driven the need for a new approach in fibre optic services. ProLabs High Density CWDM transceivers offer the capability to effectually double circuit capacity over existing CWDM infrastructure, reducing time and expense. Network operators can gain the benefits of overlaying new services on existing fiber optic networks without the capital investment associated with adding new fibre or purchasing new network equipment.
Product Features & Benefits
- Doubles capacity of standard CWDM passive mux
- Transmits full 1G, 2.5G, & 10G circuit bidirectionally over single CWDM wavelength
- Supports for the entire network
- Ethernet, CPRI, FC, and SONET protocols
- Carrier/Metro Ethernet
- Industrial Temperature Support
- Industrial Operating Temperature ~ -40C to +85C
- Compatible with current fibre infrastructure, including passives!
- Grow number of circuits by up to 2x
- Increase CWDM capacity – up to 36 Channels
- Multi Protocol Support
- SONET, Fibre Channel, Ethernet
- Maximise and extend the life of existing fibre infrastructure
- Defer capital investment in new technologies
The ProLabs Promise
Click below to download our HD CWDM overview
Contact our global sales team for further information
Learn how HD CWDM can help you to cost effectively maximise your fibre infrastructure.